Mother’s Day is fast approaching, and we’re getting ahead of the mad scramble for presents (which usually results in a hurriedly purchased card and bunch of flowers) with suggestions for every mom in your life. I, for one, am guilty of completely forgetting Mother’s Day until the Friday before. So, here are some ideas to get you started with enough time for standard shipping.
- She may love the outdoors, but let’s face it… not everyone has a green thumb. This hanging tillandsia or “air plant” is the house plant for people who kill house plants.
- Handwoven sisal and grass trivets from Rwanda are colored using natural dyes, and can be used as a table centerpiece or wall hanging.
- An easy, flowy dress with floral print is both ethereal and grounded.
- The turquoise beads give an earthy take on the ID bracelet.
- What better way to show you care than to let mom pamper herself with this 3-step facial.
- A duotone sweater/shirt combo can easily be paired with all the other basics in her closet.
This concrete cube necklace is simple and modern, but the leafing makes a sparkly statement.
Keep Mom warm as she watches her favorite TV show with this knit blanket in a graphic square print.
- Because you can’t learn enough about tidying and decluttering. Also, the book itself is pretty enough to display.
- Get her this crossbody bag to keep her hands free, in a neutral, luxe leather.
- The perfect dress from spring to summer, that can be as glam or laid-back as she wants.
- An alternative to the classic three-strand pearl necklace—and ever more sparkly.
Mothers tend to stop splurging on themselves, so give her some beautiful nail polish. Who wouldn’t love some Chanel on their vanity?
A proper lady always takes the time to write thank you notes and this personalized calligraphy stamp looks hand-written.
- Kitten heels in a pretty flower print can even make jeans and a white tee luncheon-ready.
- A boho dress in colors perfect for any music festival or gallery opening.
- Geometric gold accents reminiscent of modernist sculpture on these mules will be a hit with her artsy crowd.
- These tea towels screen-printed with sound waves from slurping coffee and sizzling bacon will remind her that when things are too quiet, there must be something going on.
- Encourage her to use her creativity in capturing precious family moments. This retro instant camera will have everyone saying “Cheese!”
This bright colored tray looks like a well-used paint palette, perfect for carrying breakfast to your resident artist.
- These recovery sandals will cradle her feet after a hard run, and get her ready to start running after the kids.
- Not only will it count her steps while running, this tracker will let her know if you’re calling or texting to find that favorite pair of socks that’s gone missing.
- A bold graphic jacket ensures she won’t go unnoticed when she’s hitting the trail.
- Because her face needs as much attention as her body does after a long run, a good serum to fight off the stressors of daily life is a treat.
A good read during downtime (does a mother really have any?) and a cute onesie for when her running partner is in the jogging stroller.
But, hey, the truth is, Mom will be happy with anything you give her on May 8th. Hugs and kisses, especially.